Sunday, 13 May 2012

Sunday 13th May 2012 - Mother's Day

Firstly - Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there - I was lucky enough to hear from both my kids today and it was great to hear from them - as always.

Today was a bit of a bludge day for me - up at 6 this morning to go to the markets and get some more trees - I have been promising myself to plant all of the trees for several days have still not finished - however tomorrow is another day. Planted some of the plants today but none of the trees.

While Tom and Ken busily worked at getting the grass down today I stayed inside and plodded around getting housework and small chores done - you know - the ones that sneak up behind you and by the time you turn around they amount to days of work - none of them huge time in itself but there were a multitude of them - and more to come. So I am going to be house bound for a few days while I work on them and have the house and yard looking respectable again.

The back paddock is starting to look somewhat bare after a few years of being covered in long grass. The neighbours are sending up a collective sigh of relief that the snake haven is finally being dealt with. Talking of which..... yesterday when I stopped on the John Deere to give Ken Pearce some water and ginger beer to drink there was a black snake that went under both Johnny (the John Deere) and the tractor (Dong Feng) or 'The Dong'. That was a surprise and not a nice one - we have all been wandering around in that self same grass for a last couple of weeks secure in the knowledge that it is too late in the season for snakes to still be around! OOOPS!!!

I stayed on Johnny until I found a nice clear space - no more wandering around the long grass for me thank you very much!

Tom came in tonight and is tired as - he has been steadily working his butt off and is starting to feel the effects of it quite a bit. We are both hoping that the continual work will be good for us and improve our health - if it doesn't kill us in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment